Rum Punch is a refreshing rum based beverage that we’ve had the pleasure of sampling in many different tropical locations, from the Caribbean to Hawaii. Each island seems to have their own distinct twist, from the type of rum used to the combination of juices. Our favorite Rum Punch experience happened on a sailing trip in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We were lucky enough to explore the deserted island of Petit Tabac – an island used in filming Pirates of the Caribbean. Our captain and cook concocted a huge container of Rum Punch that the 6 of us enjoyed as we hiked and explored the beautiful island. We tried to recreate the flavor of that Rum Punch upon returning home and the following recipe about nails it – sorry we can’t include the island!!
- 1/2 fluid ounce lime juice
- 4 fluid ounces orange juice
- 4 fluid ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces dark rum
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces light rum
- A little grenadine for color
Caribbean Rum Punch (makes 2)
- Mix ingredients together, pour over ice and sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.